Monday, December 3, 2012

Big Life Changes!

Hello all!

Recently I have been going through some major life changes, to sum it all up:
1. Moving off campus in less than 2 weeks.
2. Becoming a Buddhist.
3. And I possibly have a Gluten allergy.
So there it is, my life is changing very quickly. The hardest of all these is becoming gluten-free because I love bread, pasta, cake, and I am a poor college student. Gluten-free food is not cheap by any means. For example, I went to Hy-vee and bought a $6.00 loaf of bread! $6.00!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe that? So on my blog I will be putting college budget friendly gluten-free options. My first recipe will be for super yummy Hawaiin Salsa. 
Ingredients:
3 Roma tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
1 cup seeded, chopped cucumber (optional) 
1 cup fresh pineapple (chopped)
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 or 2 fresh jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon packed sugar
 
Combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Eat with Tostinos, which are gluten-free. 
Stay classy and eat some yummy G-free noms. 



No comments:

Post a Comment